Cedar Lutheran Church Family Blog

How Do I Get an Out of Province Inspection?

If you want to bring a vehicle into Alberta from outside the province, you need to get an out of province inspection before you can register it. This inspection is mandated by Alberta Transportation and involves thorough testing of the vehicle to ensure it meets their safety standards.

How do I get an out of province inspection?

The first step is to fill out an Out of Province Vehicle Inspection Request Form from the registry. This form needs to be filled in with the proof of ownership (bill of sale or lease documents).

Once you have a request, you can contact an authorized mechanic to set up an inspection. Once you have the inspection done, you will be issued a form that is valid for 14 days and must be returned to the registry within those 14 days.

You should choose a mechanic that is licensed to perform these inspections, so you can be sure the work is performed by a skilled technician. They should be able to complete any required repairs and provide you with an estimate of the cost.

The mechanic will then inspect your vehicle, making note of any problems they find that should be repaired. They will also check your vehicle’s electrical wiring and battery switches to make sure they are in good condition.

In addition, they will check your vehicle’s tires and windshield wipers to ensure that they are working properly. This part of the inspection can be particularly important for vehicles www.cetusautomotive.com that have been used on dirt roads.

Your out of province inspection should last about two hours and will include a series of checks. A certified journeyman technician licensed by Alberta Transportation will examine your vehicle for mechanical fitness, structural integrity and safety.

They will test all parts of your vehicle for mechanical fitness, including the powertrain, exhaust, transmission and braking systems. They will also test for wear tolerances and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) standards.

Structural integrity is another portion of the inspection, and it includes all of the components of your vehicle’s frame and body. The technician will look for large repair work, corrosion, and other issues that could pose a risk on the road.

A vehicle that fails the out of province inspection must be repaired and presented for re-inspection within 10 days to avoid additional fees. If you fail to meet this guideline, a new full out of province inspection will be required.

If you are bringing a commercial vehicle into Alberta from another province, you will need to have an out of province inspection as well. This inspection will be needed for trucks, truck-tractors, semi-trailers and trailers that exceed a registered gross vehicle weight of 11,794 kg when operating intra-provincially.

This is a fairly expensive inspection, and some mechanics can charge up to triple their normal price. That’s why it is a smart idea to shop around for the best prices before you buy an inspection.

You should also take into account that the mechanic will be unable to do any repairs for your vehicle if it doesn’t pass the inspection, so you may have to pay for more expensive repairs to have it passed. This is not a bad thing, because it will help you avoid costly repairs down the road.

Cetus Automotive Repair Centre – NAPA AUTOPRO

3005 23 St NE

Calgary, AB

T2E 7A4